Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Welcome! One and All!!!

So after just shy of 9 months in my new home I have finally amassed enough experiences to justify the creation of a blog (something I swore I would never do). However, I harbor no visions of grandeur wherein this blog becomes a widespread cultural phenomenon and I can revel in the fame, glory, and inter net money that comes from such ventures. No, instead I plan to utilize this blog primarily as a way for my friends and family to keep up with what I am doing, seeing (and eating) in my new home abroad.

I am not really sure what sort of format or regularity this blog will utilize, but I have tentatively planned some hopefully interesting segments to include (but not limited to):
-School Lunch (aka culinary Russian roulette)
-"Thar She Blows!!!" (aka being huge in a country where everything is little)
-"I hear Banjos..." (aka living in super rural Japan)
-Not your average vacation (aka the unique holiday and vacation opportunities afforded a resident of Japan)
-My friend Sudachi-kun (aka information about my host prefecture and town)
-The holy-golden-arches (aka Americanization in Japan)
-Is that... Peanut Butter? (aka the quest for a taste of home and unexpected surprises)
-Lord of the Flies pt. 2- Electric Boogaloo (aka How a bunch on mismatched foreigners interact and survive together on a faraway island)
-AND MORE!!!! (I feel like this part is a mandatory part of any future list)

So to any and all who take the time to follow this blog (my parents and maybe an aunt or two...) be ready for sharp witted humor, cutting invective, dazzling photos, and the occasional moment of discomfort and "Wait... really?"  reaction that undoubtedly comes from reading about this unique (an oh so strange) country I have chosen to live in.

So let the games begin and until net time,

Ja mata ne!
(See you again)

No comments:

Post a Comment